You know, I feel like we are friends. I’ve been writing on Teeny Manolo for quite a long time now, and I know all you regular commenters as if you were my real life coffee-klatsch. Well, I don’t drink coffee, so how about tea-klatsch, if there is indeed such a thing.
So please, allow me, for just a second, to complain. And perhaps you will get a better understanding of why my posting has been all over the map lately, for which I sincerely apologize.
1) In less than two weeks, I will undergo a partial thyroidectomy to remove one half of my thyroid gland in order for them to biopsy a suspicious growth. If it comes back cancerous, I’m to return in less than a week from the original surgery date and have the other half removed, then undergo some radiation.
2) Recent economic developments in the state of California have led to a salary and benefits decrease (in the space of about a month and a half) for my husband, which in turn leads us to not being able to afford to stay in our current place and still have any money left over. Not destitute, but quite a bit less coming in.
3) Thus, we are moving in next door to my parents, into a house they own and have owned for years.
4) However, the house is in a state of complete disrepair and needs to have lots of remodeling done, thus leading to me being in charge of a $50,000+ renovation project. Which is fine, just a lot of work and research.
5) Have I mentioned my daughter doesn’t believe in sleeping at night?
Combine all of that and you have one tired, stressed, and worn out Glinda. Don’t get me wrong, I am blessed in so many ways that I have a hard time being upset about any of it, it’s just a lot on my plate at one time.
The county where I currently live, and have for the past ten years, is known for being rich and snobby. I am neither. But tell me…
PS The general consensus on the monster stickers was that they were cute!