Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/teeny/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/StandardTheme_20/admin/functions.php on line 229
Marketing FAIL | Teeny Manolo

Marketing FAIL

dog hair bow

From a swear-to-god true craigslist ad

BOWS FOR DOGGIES OR BABY- SO ADORABLE – $1

I AM STARTING A BOW BUSINESS FOR PETS AND WILL BRING THEM TO YOUR SHOP

$1.25 EACH ( MIM – OF 10 )

SO CALLING ALL GROOMERS – CALL ME FOR THESE ADORABLE HANDMADE BOWS

LIL*DJ* LOVE IS LIFE – DOGGIE JEMS

If you are going to go for some sort of dual marketing ploy, at least do it in a different ad! Just imagine how embarassed my daughter would be to have the same bow in her hair as the Yorkie down the street.

6 Responses to “Marketing FAIL”

1. The gold digger January 26, 2010 at 11:30 am #

Plus how is she going to make any money if she is charging only $1 a bow including delivery? Or am I misreading the ad?

2. raincoaster January 26, 2010 at 8:08 pm #

I think she’s on to something. Pug owners will buy ANY AMOUNT of crap for their dogs. It’s a bigger market for useless items than parents of actual children

3. Pencils January 27, 2010 at 11:14 am #

Sadly, that’s not the first time I’ve seen that, I’ve seen Etsy shops where they sell bows and clips described as appropriate for both baby girls and little dogs. I wish I had bookmarked one or two. But then there seem to be hundreds of Etsy shops selling tutus and giant puffy hair bows for baby girls, so I’m sure the kind that cater to both dogs and babies wouldn’t be hard to find.

4. The gold digger January 27, 2010 at 11:17 am #

Raincoaster, it’s because pugs are so ugly they need all the help they can get. (ducks)

5. raincoaster January 31, 2010 at 10:28 am #

The gold digger is entirely correct. Me, I’d rather get a dog that looked like a dog than one that looked like it had been one, before someone hit it with a shovel.

6. La BellaDonna February 19, 2010 at 3:05 pm #

YES. I have friends with several pugs, whom they adore, and I am very happy for them.

However, to me, they are not nearly as attractive as trolldogs might be expected to be.