Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/teeny/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/StandardTheme_20/admin/functions.php on line 229
Monday Teeny Poll | Teeny Manolo

Monday Teeny Poll

Photobucket

Last week’s poll about judges intervening in medical cases involving minors inspired a bit of civilized kerfluffle in the comments. But, we are all about the diversity and exchange of ideas here, and everyone stated their cases admirably.

In the end, sixty-six percent of you said that as long as it is in the best interest of the child, it was ok for the courts to intervene. Thirty-three percent felt that it was private matter and the courts should stay out.

As for today, my post about girl’s swimsuits got me to thinking about girls nowhere near the stage of puberty wearing bikinis.

7 Responses to “Monday Teeny Poll”

1. Kimmer June 1, 2009 at 7:30 pm #

Although skimpy string bikinis aren’t happening at our house, two piece suits in general are much easier for bathroom breaks, so I strongly favor them.

2. Glinda June 1, 2009 at 9:21 pm #

I hear you on the convenience of two pieces, and that is why I love tankinis for girls.

3. Meg June 1, 2009 at 11:17 pm #

We’re going with rash guards and shorts for our infant. Thankfully I found some for girls, but I’d have just put her in boy swimsuits if I had to.

4. Pencils June 2, 2009 at 11:34 am #

It’s not just bikinis, too, I saw a skirted one-piece for infants and toddlers that had ruffles on the triangle-shaped top. Only there. So tacky! And the catalog said it was featured in some baby magazine

My baby has one Lands End suit with a skirt and one that has a ruffled bottom and a rashguard top. I also want to get one that has more coverage, from the elbows to the knees for when we go to the beach for extended amounts of time. She’ll be out of the sun most of the time, but still, I want her skin protected, she has my super-fair coloring.

5. mini_pixie June 2, 2009 at 11:42 am #

I agree with you guys, I think rashguards and tankinis are totally the way to go.

Or if you want to go the least coverage route because of the temp (please use lots of sunscreen!!!) just get one of the bottom-only infant suits from mini boden that I saw in their catalog. I mean there’s nothing to cover up so why bother? It just seems ridiculous to see an infant in a triangle top.

6. Sarah June 3, 2009 at 1:09 pm #

I think that the eensy little string bikinis are kind of icky, but a sportier higher-coverage version is fine.

Question: In a lot of other countries, it isn’t unusual for children below a certain age to wear nothing at all, the rationale being that they have nothing worth covering up. Skin cancer risk aside, is the bikini any better or worse?

7. Never teh Bride June 9, 2009 at 2:31 pm #

I am probably in the minority here, but blame it on the fact that I’m a first-gen American with European parents. When I was a little one under a certain age, pool/beach time was naked time. Whenever I was in Germany, almost all the kids I saw at the pool/beach were swimsuit-free until a certain age, at which time they switched to wearing “bottoms.” Tops for girls didn’t come into play until a certain age after that. Color me biased, but I don’t see why a baby needs a proper swimsuit other than a special swim diaper so poops don’t make it into the communal swimming area.