Airport A Go-Go

McClaren Stroller

I had always marveled at Mariska Hargitay’s cheekbones, and then when I found out her mother was Jayne Mansfield, it all made sense.

And look at her son, so cute with his blankie!

They are sensibly pushing him around in a McClaren Quest Sport stroller. Mariska has excellent taste, because this is exactly the same stroller I bought for my son when we were ready to move him out of his infant system. She joins Gwen Stefani and Sarah Jessica Parker in sharing my stroller preference. I am such the trendsetter, I know!

I can’t say too many good things about this stroller. It is an umbrella stroller with heft, but not added weight. It has an all aluminum frame construction so it won’t fall apart in a year, and which makes it easy to push around without feeling like you are trying to steer a bus. It turns on a dime, and it is very comfortable for the young ones. It folds up very compactly and have I said already that it weighs practically nothing? I have been known to lug it around by the shoulder strap. With no complaint. At Disneyland no less! And I think I only clipped maybe one or two people with it. Because they weren’t paying attention, of course.

Also, my husband loves it because he is 6’2′ and McClaren strollers were the only ones that made the handles high enough for him to be comfortable pushing it instead of having to walk like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Trust me, he has never been able to use that excuse to not push the stroller.

And speaking of husbands, Mariska’s is sporting some pretty fierce loafers!

14 Responses to “Airport A Go-Go”

1. Awesome Mom August 31, 2007 at 8:09 pm #

I love McLaren. I have one of their double strollers and I love it. I can keep it in my trunk and not have to worry about using up all my trunk space.

2. Suzanne August 31, 2007 at 8:13 pm #

Wait a minute — Jayne Mansfield’s daughter? Wow. Learn something new every day!

(Love your posts, Glinda!)

3. Suzanne August 31, 2007 at 10:18 pm #

Fierce is not the word for those loafers!
    Yikes!

4. Glinda September 1, 2007 at 12:27 am #

AM- Exactly!

5. Margaret September 1, 2007 at 5:14 am #

How cool are you to get Mariska and every other cool person in show biz to follow your trend?

6. Glinda September 1, 2007 at 10:46 am #

Suzanne- I never knew either! And thank you!

Suzanne- Leave it to you, my friend, to hate his shoes! Any dude who can wear expensive leather loafers without socks while wearing a tee shirt and jeans is fierce in my book!

Margaret- I know, the poor ladies, they keep trying to copy me and it gets irritating after a while. I keep telling Gwen in particular to get her own style.

7. Metal Mark September 1, 2007 at 11:35 am #

Captain Corky said to come over here and leave comments so I am. I have never owned a stroller by that brand, but it looks solid in the picture and the handles look comfortable. I have had some good strollers and some crappy ones. I am 6’2 and have struggled with strollers that force me to bend over too much.

8. Glinda September 1, 2007 at 11:53 am #

Metal Mark- Even though technically Capt. Corky forced you to leave your comment, I appreciate it! It sounds like your kids have maybe outgrown the stroller phase, so I am sorry you had to walk like Quasimoto!

9. Eilish September 1, 2007 at 6:19 pm #

Combi also makes a great lightweight stroller that is a bit more affordable than the Maclaren and folds nicely with a shoulder strap. I got mine at Target.

10. Eilish September 1, 2007 at 6:27 pm #

It’s the Cosmo ST and target.com has it for 59.99!

11. Karla September 1, 2007 at 8:05 pm #

We need to get an umbrella stroller. Our stroller is one of those huge honking travel system varieties. The only thing keeping me sane lugging it around right now is that it has an aluminum frame, so I can still actually lift it into the trunk of my car.

12. Glinda September 1, 2007 at 11:52 pm #

Eilish- Thanks for the tip!

Karla- I hated my travel system as well. So dang bulky.

13. craig September 2, 2007 at 11:35 pm #

Maclaren also makes a good one called the Volo that has a airy mesh seat perfect for Texas summers.

14. laila January 20, 2008 at 10:50 pm #

watch out for that combi cosmo st. we just bought one, and realized that every time it knocks – ever so gently – into anything, it unlocks itself and starts to fold up — with our nine month old still inside!!!