Practically Perfect

Oh the mandals!

I love almost everything about this picture.  The adorable sleepy baby, the very awesome diaper bag, her purse, the hand holding, the fact that Liev is tough enough to wear his baby in a sling.  So many beautiful things.  Except for one, those mandals! As the Manolo would say, “Ayyyyy!”

14 Responses to “Practically Perfect”

1. Autumn's Mom August 28, 2007 at 12:53 pm #

Yea, I think that was a little over kill on the “I’m tough, but sensitive” look. That baby looks like a little pea pod. Too cute!

2. Never teh Bride August 28, 2007 at 12:56 pm #

I’m so happy that slings are ‘in style’ — used to be that they were hard to find. Now you can pick up a decent one in the Whole Foods!

3. ML August 28, 2007 at 2:32 pm #

Who are these people? I’m so out of the mainstream…

4. Nance August 28, 2007 at 3:51 pm #

I’m not a fan of men in sandals, period. Most men have hideous feet.

But, weriously, are you really giving a pass to the aggressively cuffed jeans on her? And the white maryjanes as well? You are TOO generous, dear.

5. Captain Corky August 28, 2007 at 3:55 pm #

Those mandals are killing me. I hate open towed shoes, except on women of course.

6. raincoaster August 28, 2007 at 4:09 pm #

I love the Liev, but yeah. Those shoes take him from “sensitive hottie” to “nascent Florida retiree” in nothing flat.

Love the sling; who needs those things that look like you’re taking the baby up Kilimanjaro when you’re just going out for coffee? Talk about overkill.

7. Meg Q August 28, 2007 at 5:49 pm #

What I love are the mary janes on Naomi (which I believe are silver). So cute! And no baby-dropping going on there!

8. Glinda August 28, 2007 at 7:24 pm #

Meg, that’s exactly what I thought, no baby dropping gonna go down on this one!

And Nance, I happen to really like Naomi Watts, and anybody that looks that fabulous right after having a baby gets a pass!

9. Glinda August 28, 2007 at 7:47 pm #

AM- Yes, the baby looks so adorable! But what baby doesn’t ;)

Never teh Bride- I too, remember when you could hardly find one anywhere. Didn’t know about Whole Foods, though!

ML- It’s ok, don’t feel bad, my dear! :)

Capt. Corky- I kind of agree with you.

10. raincoaster August 28, 2007 at 9:05 pm #

I’m not thrilled with the superhighcuffed jeans (SO four years ago) but I do adore the maryjanes. In fact, I adore ALL maryjanes. They’re cute, they’re comfortable, they’re washable, and they’re generally cheap enough that you can toss them when they start to get stained.

11. Chris August 28, 2007 at 9:31 pm #

Unless one has absolutely beootiful feet, I say keep those puppies covered. I’m just sayin’.

12. laurie August 29, 2007 at 12:25 am #

I’m all for people wearing what they are comfy in…even celebrities! Cute post Glinda. You rock!

13. Glinda August 29, 2007 at 1:21 am #

Chris, I hear ya.

Laurie, there is something to be said for comfort, but for goodness sakes, he’s really rich! Couldn’t he find something a little better than those?

14. raincoaster August 29, 2007 at 5:06 pm #

Viggo goes barefoot, which outranks the retiree-mandals by a country mile, although: gross! Have you SEEN the sidewalks in Venice?